Deer and Bear Hunting Seasons
Deer and Bear Hunting SeasonsREMINDER: New Deer and Bear Hunting Opportunities and Requirements Continue for 2022
1. Antlerless-only deer season in mid-September (9/10 - 9/18/2022) using firearms, crossbows, and vertical bows in WMUs 3M, 3R, 8A, 8F, 8G, 8J, 8N, 9A, and 9F, and using only vertical bows in WMUs 1C, 3S, 4J, and 8C. DMPs and DMAP tags only.
2. Daily hunting hours for deer and bear extended to 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.
3. Hunters must wear a fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink hat or vest
when hunting deer or bear with a firearm.
4. Antlerless harvest allowed again during the early muzzleloader season in Northern Zone WMUs 6A, 6F, 6J.
5. Bear season in the Adirondacks is simplified by extending the regular season to cover the full hunting period.
6. 12- and 13-year old hunters may hunt deer with a firearm or crossbow in counties that passed a local law to participate in the opportunity. See Junior Big Game Hunting
for a map of participating counties.
7. Holiday Deer Hunt is an extension of the late bow and muzzleloader season from December 26 - January 1 in the Southern Zone. Hunters and other recreationists are encouraged to Share the Snow